Position Title: Director of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting
The Director of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting is responsible for all aspects of our periodic financial reporting to the Securities and Exchange Commission. This person will oversee our annual audit and quarterly reviews and will be responsible for preparing technical accounting memos and ensuring GAAP and relative SOX compliance. This role will also develop operational and long-term budgets and forecasts in collaboration with business unit and executive teams and then monitor and report on performance. The Director of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting will oversee the integration of our acquisitions into our consolidated financial reporting and will collaborate with our Equity Edge Online Administrator to track, account for, and report on equity compensation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA with a minimum of five years at a Big 4 firm
• Minimum of eight years of experience working with SEC filings of publicly traded companies
Preferred Additional Skills
• Strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements
• Experience with SOX 404 and designing and maintaining strong internal controls
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems, develop solutions and implement successful and maintainable process changes that improve accuracy and efficiency
• Must be proactive and able to excel in a fast-paced start-up type, but rapidly scaling environment
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with both internal and external parties
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and ideally, with NetSuite and Equity Edge Online
• Ability to manage priorities while working under pressure and tight deadlines
• Positive self-starter, organized, strong work principles with a high level of ethics and integrity
• Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills plus keen attention to detail
• Lead the design, preparation, and completion of accurate and timely U.S. GAAP consolidated financial statements and reports
• Manage and prepare SEC filings and quarterly earnings releases, including disclosures in 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and earnings releases, as well as, month-end reporting packages
• Manage external auditors during quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits
• Oversee projects related to finance process improvements and implementations, such as lease tracking systems and NetSuite integrations for acquisitions
• Manage monthly consolidating financial close and reporting, including budget to actuals
• Responsible for developing and maintaining SOX controls, particularly relative to the financial reporting function
• Perform technical research on complex accounting issues and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners
• Evaluate and implement new accounting guidance, establish and maintain detailed technical accounting policies and write technical memos
• Provide technical accounting support for revenue recognition, M&A transactions, lease accounting, SaaS, plus other critical accounting standards applicable to each business
• Oversee equity compensation tracking and accounting utilizing Equity Edge Online
• Interact with external investor relations and legal teams on earnings releases and filings and review and verify financial information in Company’s external communications, including earnings calls, press releases, and investor conferences
• Lead ad hoc projects and initiatives
• Work closely with business unit finance team members to ensure reciprocal accounting treatments were applicable and install best practices across the accounting and finance functions
• Provide communications and training to business partners related to accounting and financial reporting developments and related policies
Working Hours and Location
This role will physically be at our Cary, NC headquarters.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and sit. Must be able to work in an office environment and operate a computer and telephone.
About Fathom Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: FTHM)
Fathom Holdings Inc. is a national, technology-driven, real estate services platform integrating residential brokerage, mortgage, title, insurance, and SaaS offerings to brokerages and agents by leveraging its proprietary cloud-based software, intelliAgent. The Company’s brands include Fathom Realty, Encompass Lending, Dagley Insurance, Verus Title, intelliAgent, and Real Results. For more information, visit www.fathominc.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
About Fathom Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: FTHM)
Fathom Holdings Inc. is a national, technology-driven, real estate services platform integrating residential brokerage, mortgage, title, insurance, and SaaS offerings to brokerages and agents by leveraging its proprietary cloud-based software, intelliAgent. The Company's brands include Fathom Realty, Dagley Insurance, Encompass Lending, intelliAgent, LiveBy, Real Results, and Verus Title. For more information, visit www.FathomInc.com.