Position Title: Brokerage Compliance Coordinator for Fathom Realty
This is a full-time role in our Brokerage Compliance Department, reporting to the Vice President of Brokerage Compliance and Chief Operations Officer. For this role, you will need to live in or near Cary, NC, and work in our Corporate Office. Typical hours are a combination of 8 am-5 pm or 10 am-7 pm Monday-Friday. On occasion, there may be a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends as workload/projects dictate, during the launch of new technology, programs, or policies, or for other special events throughout the year.
MISSION: The Brokerage Compliance Coordinator will be a key asset to the Brokerage Compliance team on a local and national level ensuring the ability to function proficiently. The ability and desire to focus on every detail, be highly skilled in written and verbal communications and utilize provided technology are essential.
• advanced proficiency and multiple years’ experience with Google Drive, Apple products, DropBox, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• paralegal and/or Law Certification or equivalent related work experience
• 2-4 years of real estate experience is ideal
• possess knowledge of legal documents with the ability to analyze and evaluate
• working knowledge of billing and payment procedures
• research experience with a focus in the real estate or related industry
• must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability and temperament to effectively interact with people of all levels and personality types in a confident, professional manner
• beyond ‘detail-oriented,’ demonstrated problem-solving capacity and excellent organizational skills
• possess a rounded business acumen with a strong business sense able to decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls when needed
• must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently
• commercial and/or multi-state experience is a major plus
• technology savvy, fast learner, and excellent typing skills
• ability to adapt to a growing, changing, fast-paced environment
• physical ability to bend, reach, and lift boxes and office supplies up to 30lbs
• ability and willingness to work from Corporate Office in Cary, NC (this is not a remote position
Preferred Additional Skills
• commitment to excellence – perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis
• service focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations of senior leadership.
• ability to think outside of the box with a sense of urgency
• positive attitude
-manage sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion especially decisions directly impacting the global operations of the company.
· project management skills; being able to work independently or work with a team to accurately complete all project research and reach goals within the given constraints.
· excellent communication and time management skills; proven ability to communicate in a professional manner and meet deadlines.
· ability to function effectively in a high-paced, changing environment.
· ability to research real estate associations, boards, and MLSs.
· ability to review and track guidelines, general statutes from real estate commissions, state regulations, and policies.
· assist in opening new states, filing DBAs, and surrounding documentation.
· create and maintain HUD accounts.
· work in conjunction with accounts payable to renew memberships, review lease agreements, and reconcile accounts.
· verify accuracy and consistency of legal and contractual documents such as lease agreements, state-specific real estate forms, MLS documents, and other regulatory documentation regarding brokerage business.
Working Hours and Location
- This role will physically be at our Cary, NC headquarters.
- Vice President Brokerage Operations
About Fathom Realty
Fathom Realty is a national, cloud-based, real estate brokerage powered by a proprietary technology platform called intelliAgent. The company currently operates in 36 states with over 8000 agents. Agents enjoy a higher net income through Fathom’s 100% commission, transaction fee compensation model allowing them to invest more money into growing their business. Fathom agents also earn stock grants based on their contribution to revenue and company growth. Fathom Realty is the tenth largest independent firm in the country as ranked by the 2021 Real Trends 500 Ranking Report. For more information visit www.fathomcareers.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
About Fathom Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: FTHM)
Fathom Holdings Inc. is a national, technology-driven, real estate services platform integrating residential brokerage, mortgage, title, insurance, and SaaS offerings to brokerages and agents by leveraging its proprietary cloud-based software, intelliAgent. The Company's brands include Fathom Realty, Dagley Insurance, Encompass Lending, intelliAgent, LiveBy, Real Results, and Verus Title. For more information, visit www.FathomInc.com.