Position Title: Account Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist role is an integral role on our corporate Accounts Payable team and will be responsible for handing high volume accounts payable for multiple entities. The Accounts Payable Specialist will oversee the entire accounts payable process from the time an agent funding request and/or vendor invoice is received until the payment is processed. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for interacting with agents, third party vendors, regulatory agencies, and internal customers to facilitate the recording of expense transactions, prepare disbursements, respond to inquiries and resolve issues, and monitor and maintain respective internal controls. The Accounts Payable Specialist will also assist with our corporate card and travel expense reimbursement programs, prepare analyses, support external reviews and audits and be responsible for 1099 reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (Associate’s degree in accounting may qualify depending on the depth of relative experience)
- 4+ years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ideally, previous experience using NetSuite
- Ideally, previous experience working in a SOX environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of general accounting.
- Accurate with efficient and effective attention to detail.
- Keen analytical, organizational, conflict solving, and negotiation skills.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills to work in conjunction with agents, vendors, and internal customers.
- Must be able to analyze data, draw conclusions, interpret results, and make recommendations with respect to transaction calculations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both an oral and written manner to common inquiries or complaints from third parties, regulatory agencies, and internal and external customers.
- Adherence to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for accounting deliverables.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to develop and maintain an organized structure.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment where adaptability is imperative.
- Manage the full accounts payable cycle from receipt of funding requests from agents and third-party vendors to payment for agents and vendors; including coding invoices, verifying completeness and accuracy of supporting documentation, matching purchase orders, obtaining approval, and entering the invoices into the accounting system.
- Achieve and maintain positive agent and vendor relations and build effective internal and external partnerships.
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with the processing of funding requests, invoices, and purchase orders.
- Receive, research, and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Prepare journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations on a monthly basis according to the established schedule.
- Process employee expense reports, including verification of receipts and coding.
- Prepare batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Responsible for imaging and record retention of all account payable documents.
- Build, develop, and analyze account payable processes and utilize technology to drive higher levels of performance and overall results.
- Ensure all accounts payable policies and procedures are adhered to including agent funding, vendor maintenance and approval, invoice processing, and travel and related expense reimbursement.
- Prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for management, internal and external reporting, internal and external auditors, and SOX requirements.
- Administer and help implement an organization-wide T&E policy
- Responsible for IRS 1099 compliance and reporting.
- Assist with any other projects as requested by the AP Manager.
Senior Manager, Accounts Payable
This role will physically be at our Cary, NC headquarters.
About Fathom Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: FTHM)
Fathom Holdings Inc. is a national, technology-driven, real estate services platform integrating residential brokerage, mortgage, title, insurance, and SaaS offerings to brokerages and agents by leveraging its proprietary cloud-based software, intelliAgent. The Company’s brands include Fathom Realty, Encompass Lending, Dagley Insurance, Verus Title, intelliAgent, and Real Results. For more information, visit www.fathominc.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
About Fathom Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: FTHM)
Fathom Holdings Inc. is a national, technology-driven, real estate services platform integrating residential brokerage, mortgage, title, insurance, and SaaS offerings to brokerages and agents by leveraging its proprietary cloud-based software, intelliAgent. The Company's brands include Fathom Realty, Dagley Insurance, Encompass Lending, intelliAgent, LiveBy, Real Results, and Verus Title. For more information, visit www.FathomInc.com.